Monday, July 22, 2013

Whhaat? No Rain in England?


The weather here has been CRAZY!!! And by that I mean that it has only rained once, and it was just some evening drizzling, in the whole month of June. That never happens in England. Everyone is kind of freaking out about it. I've been in England over three months now and I still think people's accents are really cool--although I'm definitely more used to it now than I was a few months ago. This week I will hit my four months as a missionary mark. Thats crazy!

We saw some cool miracles this week. One was yesterday afternoon. Elder Baker has a fancy racing bike. But he hit a crack or something and burst his tube. so we pulled over and he set to patching his tube. It took FOREVER because he had to do it three times before it worked properly. So we proceeded on to where we were going I was riding my bike and this guy yelled at me from down the street, "Hey Elder!" So I stopped. Because people don't usually talk to us. It can be hard to get people to talk to us. So if someone decides of their own free will to talk us, we will most certainly stop. I waited for him to walk over to me and for my companions to catch up. As he walked up I could see he was totally covered in tattoos. He said, "I'm a Mormon too, I just haven't been going recently because I have been in the ICU and stuff...But I want to start coming to church again." So he gave us his phone number and we are going to see him on Tuesday. (he was baptised a couple years ago--we were able to find his teaching record in our flat). If Elder Baker hadn't gotten a puncture, we wouldn't have run into him. It sounds cliche, but remember everything happens for a reason...even flat tires.

I love you all.

Elder Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment