Monday, January 26, 2015

Missionary Work in Newport

Pictures!

1. This is my companion and I about to replicate a roman gladiator fight. Not really, but those did actually happen here.  This is in Caerleon, (pronounced kuh-lee-un, with the stress in the middle), a town just north of newport that was a roman settlement. There is also remains of a roman barracks there. This ampitheatre used to have a wooden structure extending 50 feet above the foundation where the seats were. 
 

2. A closer picture of us. 
 

3. Some more detail in the foundation of the ampitheatre.
 
We have a bunch of really incredible people we are working with here--unfortunately none of them are doing all of the things they need to do to prepare to be baptised...yet. We hope that will change soon as we help these people to have spiritual experiences to help them to change their life. 
 
This week we are also going to start teaching another member of the Chavarria family (the part member family from El Salvador). Her name is Iris, she will turn 8 next month. I'm really excited for that, it should be awesome. Kids are great. Also, she's been going to school for the last year in English, so her English is pretty good and we won't have to try teaching in Spanish.
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and to seek to help and serve the people here. It truly is an amazing opportunity. I really hope that we can see some amazing things happen here in the work of the Lord in the time that I have left. This week I'll probably get my last companion! Its pretty crazy. God is so good. 
 
Love, 
 
Elder Seth Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment