1.
Here is a more attractive picture of Elder Baker for you. Although I'm
nearly positive there is another picture of us at a baptism we had 10 months
ago in Gloucester that is on the blog. This is a crazy guy from Malta who we
met on the street. He was preparing to go to Manchester to be on Britain's Got
Talent, the TV show. Pretty funny.
2.
We went on a crazy adventure the other p-day where we went cycling along
canals. It was sweet!
3.
This big posh manor house we visited for fun, called Wightwick manor.
(pronounced "widik manor," don't ask why, I don't know). I don't know
who thought it was a good idea to put out a sundial in the UK, as you can see
in the picture there is no sun, and therefore the sundial is totally useless.
4. Cookies. Lots of them. All the ward members loved us for this.
5. So we went and saw a football game here in Wolverhampton. It was pretty cool. It was a post-season testimonial game for a retiring player, so it wasn't really an official game. But it was cool. And it was during our p-day on a Monday afternoon.
Well...guess
what, this week we reached about 40 lessons fallen through. That was 2 Monday
night, 4 Tuesday, the one with a less active on Wednesday actually happened,
1more fell through on both Thursday and Friday, and a whopping 4 again on
Saturday. But the miracle was this--the less active we were working with (Kris)
invited a friend to church and he came! We had never even met the guy before,
he just walked in the door. It was amazing. His name is David. We are going to
go teach him tonight. He said that religion confuses him, but we hope that the
light of the restored Gospel will clear his mind.
This
is Elder Baker's last full week of being a missionary, next week is Monday
p-day and Tuesday take him to the mission home. So hopefully we can make it
amazing! It was great to see you guys on skype yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed
it. I hope I was able to say something that you will remember. Above all,
remember that I love you and I love God.
Love,
Elder
Poulsen





No comments:
Post a Comment