Monday, December 16, 2013

I Thought That Was a Sport?


I'm in Rugby. Apparently this is where Rugby was invented. That's the legend, anyway. Rugby is just a bit east of Coventry. Its also pretty close to Northampton (which is in the London mission), so I can tell people that I used to live in Northampton... Massachusetts. My companion now is a awesome kid named Elder Eldredge, who actually came out the same time as me, so that's nice. We're going to do some powerful teaching by the spirit once we have people to teach. 

One cool thing is a few of my good friends from the MTC who I hadn't seen in quite a long time are serving in Coventry, so I'll get to see them when we go there for meetings! That's pretty cool -because they are pretty cool. Funny enough in the last ward I was serving in I was the oldest missionary, but now I am the youngest one serving in the ward. The ward here seems pretty awesome so I am excited to get the missionary work going here. I must admit I was sad to leave Wales, but England is pretty dang awesome too. I miss the Watkins family already, but I'll certainly write this afternoon. 

Our ward mission leader is really awesome so we're going to be working on how to get all the members to be really excited about doing missionary work. At church on Sunday I met this super cool 18 year old kid. He said, "You should just get up there and tell everyone to bring one friend. I reckon you could double the size of the ward." That's easier said than done, but miracles will certainly happen as we have faith and work hard. I'm excited for it. There are so many absolutely amazing people out there that God has prepared to receive the message of the Restored Gospel. As it says in the scriptures, "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory." (Alma 13:24). I'm excited to meet these people. 

Have an amazing week everyone, 

Love, 

Elder Poulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment