Ten days
or so ago I got stung by a wasp. Which was cool until a couple days later when
I had this crazy infected rash. I decided not to tell you about it last week
because I didn't want you freaking out for a week only to find out that I'm
perfectly fine. Which I am. Rash is all gone. I just have a tiny scab on my
wrist where the sting was. Moral of the story: when wasps are flying around,
don't ride your bike into them (not that I did it on purpose).
Our week had some big holes in it--we lost tons of proselyting time having to go to Cardiff so I could see the stake president there who is a doctor. He prescribed me some antibiotics and antihistamines so now I'm all better. Seeing Cardiff was cool though. They have this huge stadium for football (not American football) and rugby and the city center there is absolutely MASSIVE. Its super crazy. There is a huge castle in the middle of town too. So now I've officially done some exploring around the capital of wales due to awkward amounts of time between doctors appointments and train rides. Cool story, I know. One of the times we went, however, we ran into an almost investigator of ours who works in Cardiff and I got to talk to him the whole way home. That was way cool. He taught me some welsh history and stuff. Apparently the whole King arthur/merlin myths all originated and are centered around Carmarthen, a town which is part of our area here! some of the members live there. But I've never been there because its a half hour train ride away. Shoot.
Our week had some big holes in it--we lost tons of proselyting time having to go to Cardiff so I could see the stake president there who is a doctor. He prescribed me some antibiotics and antihistamines so now I'm all better. Seeing Cardiff was cool though. They have this huge stadium for football (not American football) and rugby and the city center there is absolutely MASSIVE. Its super crazy. There is a huge castle in the middle of town too. So now I've officially done some exploring around the capital of wales due to awkward amounts of time between doctors appointments and train rides. Cool story, I know. One of the times we went, however, we ran into an almost investigator of ours who works in Cardiff and I got to talk to him the whole way home. That was way cool. He taught me some welsh history and stuff. Apparently the whole King arthur/merlin myths all originated and are centered around Carmarthen, a town which is part of our area here! some of the members live there. But I've never been there because its a half hour train ride away. Shoot.
We are
still struggling to find people to teach as far as the missionary work is
going. We keep having a lesson or two with people then they drop us. Its
frustrating. But we do have two really awesome investigators, and God will keep
blessing us more because he's Awesome.
Love,
Elder
Poulsen
*Mother's Note* -Now I can see why he sounded kind of down and out last week! He is probably right though, I would have worried. Hate it when they know you better than you know yourself!
*Mother's Note* -Now I can see why he sounded kind of down and out last week! He is probably right though, I would have worried. Hate it when they know you better than you know yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment